PR AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Director of Audience Engagement, the PR and Communications Coordinator is responsible for actively engaging members of the press and media, increasing the Harris Theater’s regional and national visibility. This position is part of a high-energy collaborative marketing team focused on audience development, ticket sales, and attendance goals for Harris Theater Presents performances.
- Support revenue goals and audience development through press outreach, social media engagement, and content creation
- Craft language with consistent institutional voice for press releases and media alerts, speaking engagements by Harris personnel, solicitation letters, performance descriptions, and other Theater communications
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all Theater programming and partnerships, including the presenting series, resident companies, and community engagement efforts
- Pitch national, regional, and online media outlets for feature stories and reviews, manage communications and scheduling for interviews, and coordinate press ticketing for performances
- Promote the visibility of the Harris Theater through industry and trade media, community calendars, citywide partnerships, and business associations, and respond to requests for information about the Theater
The ideal candidate for this position has 3 or more years of experience working in performing arts, non-profit and/or communications industry with demonstrated success placing stories in the media and developing social media content, with a Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or a related field. This individual possesses excellent writing and proofreading skills, attention to detail, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and various social media platforms, and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The role demands initiative, creativity, and a positive, collaborative attitude, with a passion for the performing arts and awareness of trends and events in Chicago and in the arts and culture field.
This role is a full-time salaried position with a competitive benefits package. Office hours are typically 9am-5pm with some evenings and weekends required for performances and special events.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume along with 2-3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, August 25. No calls, please.
Part-Time Facility Security Staff
The Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park is seeking part-time Facility Security Staff for immediate openings.
Harris Theater Facility Security Staff performs routine security functions to ensure the protection of the facility and its assets along with the safety of the Harris Theater’s staff, users of the space and visitors. Other responsibilities include: manages access to the building; monitors any incidents and reports them to their direct supervisor; performs related duties as required. Since the Security Staff are the first impression of our organization they must project a positive image in accordance with policies of the Harris Theater and must possess superior customer service skills
Harris Theater Security Staff are scheduled for shifts during 7AM – 11PM for normal building operations and performances. Ideal candidates will be friendly, energetic, articulate, very well groomed, approachable, have the ability to multi-task, problem solve and handle situations with sound judgment, impeccable attendance and punctuality and Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Seeking candidates with previous Security and Customer Service experience. Candidates must have 20 Hour Un-Armed Security Training Certification obtained or willingness to complete upon hire, PERC Card obtained or willingness to complete upon hire, able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, be able to stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing opening and closing procedures, securing the office, and being stationed at the entrance desk during operating hours.
- Screens visitors/guests to ensure the safety of the building and that all individuals are directed to the appropriate area.
- Handles all incoming phone calls and verifies all delivery and mail details.
- Maintains the highest levels of professionalism and customer service to patrons, visitors, users of the theater and staff members by greeting all in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintains a safe environment by monitoring the facility through both the security cameras and physical routine checks of the space during operating hours and during performances and events.
- Directs and assists in emergency protocol as needed.
- Reports unusual activity or suspicions of safety issues to the Security Supervisor or administration in a timely fashion.
- Documents incidents in a timely manner, capturing details and an accurate record of facility activity in Daily Activity Reports.
This is an hourly, part time position. Applicant may be asked to authorize a background check. Please provide a cover letter, resume, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
Please send submissions to email@example.com
The Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park is seeking part-time Bartenders/Concessions staff to join our Front of House Team. The Harris Theater is one of the premier venues in the city for local and national performance. Ideal candidates will be extremely friendly, energetic, articulate, very well groomed, and approachable. Concessions staff are expected to serve patrons quickly and efficiently while providing the highest level of customer service. Seeking candidates with prior bar tending, serving or catering experience in a high volume environment and BASSET Certified preferred. If not currently BASSET Certified must be willing to obtain certification quickly.
The Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park is seeking Front-of-House staff for immediate part-time openings on our Audience Services team. Ideal candidates will be extremely friendly, energetic, articulate, very well groomed, and approachable. Audience Services staff are expected to greet patrons with enthusiasm, provide the highest level of customer service, respond quickly and tactfully to stressful situations and provide information about theater events.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, stand for up to six hours and lift up to 25lbs. Seeking candidates with previous customer service experience/BASSET Certified preferred. If not currently BASSET Certified must be willing obtain certification.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please!