Reporting to the President and CEO, the Programming Manager is a full-time position supporting the Harris Theater’s presenting series.
Supports and assists the President in the planning, negotiation, contracts, and execution of Harris Theater Presents programming
- Coordinates meetings, phone calls, and email communications with artist management on behalf of the President
- Assists with budgeting, payment, and tracking of HTP expenses for current and future seasons
- Processes all contracts used in artistic projects, for the signature of the President
- After the execution of contracts, is the primary contact between the Harris Theater and the representatives of artists or ensembles included in Harris Theater Presents
- Working at the direction of the President, seeks out new artists and projects for collaboration, co-presentation and commissioning opportunities, etc.
Executes company management duties for the presenting series including:
- Booking flights and ground transportation as appropriate, and negotiating and booking artist hotels
- Communicating with artists and management about scheduling, budget, payment, and other details in advance of arrival
- Greeting artists on arrival in Chicago/at the Theater and representing the President and full team to ensure artists feel welcome and that their needs are met
- Coordinating all artist guests/comp needs and confirming with Box Office Treasure
Works closely with Harris Theater Production and Operations teams to communicate all rider obligations, technical and scheduling needs, and expectations for events
Is the primary source of information and logistical support for all Harris Theater Presents engagements to the full team; specific duties include:
- Connecting appropriate artist and agent contacts with their Harris Theater counterparts to discuss technical specs, obtain marketing materials, coordinate outreach activities, etc.
- Collaborating with Harris Theater staff on special events and outreach activities surrounding engagements
Attends all performances of events and collaborations presented by the Harris Theater
Other duties as assigned
This position is primarily Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, but nights and weekends will be required based on performances and artist schedules. Compensation based on experience.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please! Send submissions to email@example.com.
Part-Time Facility Security Staff
The Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park is seeking part-time Facility Security Staff for immediate openings.
Harris Theater Facility Security Staff performs routine security functions to ensure the protection of the facility and its assets along with the safety of the Harris Theater’s staff, users of the space and visitors. Other responsibilities include: manages access to the building; monitors any incidents and reports them to their direct supervisor; performs related duties as required. Since the Security Staff are the first impression of our organization they must project a positive image in accordance with policies of the Harris Theater and must possess superior customer service skills
Harris Theater Security Staff are scheduled for shifts during 7AM – 11PM for normal building operations and performances. Ideal candidates will be friendly, energetic, articulate, very well groomed, approachable, have the ability to multi-task, problem solve and handle situations with sound judgment, impeccable attendance and punctuality and Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Seeking candidates with previous Security and Customer Service experience. Candidates must have 20 Hour Un-Armed Security Training Certification obtained or willingness to complete upon hire, PERC Card obtained or willingness to complete upon hire, able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, be able to stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing opening and closing procedures, securing the office, and being stationed at the entrance desk during operating hours.
- Screens visitors/guests to ensure the safety of the building and that all individuals are directed to the appropriate area.
- Handles all incoming phone calls and verifies all delivery and mail details.
- Maintains the highest levels of professionalism and customer service to patrons, visitors, users of the theater and staff members by greeting all in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintains a safe environment by monitoring the facility through both the security cameras and physical routine checks of the space during operating hours and during performances and events.
- Directs and assists in emergency protocol as needed.
- Reports unusual activity or suspicions of safety issues to the Security Supervisor or administration in a timely fashion.
- Documents incidents in a timely manner, capturing details and an accurate record of facility activity in Daily Activity Reports.
This is an hourly, part time position. Applicant may be asked to authorize a background check. Please provide a cover letter, resume, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Bartenders/Concessions Staff
The Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park is seeking part-time Bartenders/Concessions staff to join our Front of House Team. The Harris Theater is one of the premier venues in the city for local and national performance. Ideal candidates will be extremely friendly, energetic, articulate, very well groomed, and approachable. Concessions staff are expected to serve patrons quickly and efficiently while providing the highest level of customer service. Seeking candidates with prior bar tending, serving or catering experience in a high volume environment and BASSET Certified preferred. If not currently BASSET Certified must be willing to obtain certification quickly.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, be able to stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
Please send submissions to email@example.com
Part-Time Audience Service Staff
The Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park is seeking Front-of-House staff for immediate part-time openings on our Audience Services team. Ideal candidates will be extremely friendly, energetic, articulate, very well groomed, and approachable. Audience Services staff are expected to greet patrons with enthusiasm, provide the highest level of customer service, respond quickly and tactfully to stressful situations and provide information about theater events.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, stand for up to six hours and lift up to 25lbs. Seeking candidates with previous customer service experience/BASSET Certified preferred. If not currently BASSET Certified must be willing obtain certification.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please!Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.