The Family Series offers high-quality, engaging programming designed to cultivate Chicago’s next generation of arts lovers.
WHAT IS THE FAMILY SERIES?
- Hour-long performances on Saturdays at 2PM
- Engaging and accessible programs designed for ages 4+
- Educational materials and discussion questions for families to take home
- Opportunities to interact with artists from around the world
- No shushing allowed! Audiences are encouraged to laugh, clap, and experience the theater in their own way
Each of the Family Series programs will feature accessible services designed to engage new audiences and ensure that all patrons have a welcoming, rich experience during their time at the Theater. Learn more about these accessibility services here.
The April 18, 2020 performance of Exelon Family Series: The Kingdom Choir will be a sensory-friendly, relaxed performance, designed to offer a safe, welcoming, and judgement-free environment for audience members on the autism spectrum or with other sensory sensitivities. Support services and accommodations include moderate sound levels, a quiet play area, and social narratives to guide audience members in their visit. For our 2020-21 season, the April 17, 2021 performance of Manual Cinema’s The Magic City will be a sensory-friendly, relaxed performance.
Single tickets will go on sale in August.