A. Chekhov’s "The Cherry Orchard"
Cherry Orchard Festival
The Pushkin Theatre is one of the most prominent Moscow repertoire theatres. It was founded by the legendary Russian theatre director Alexander Tairov in 1914. The company was formed and the building, which the theatre still occupies, was reconstructed especially for Tairov’s needs. In 1950 the theatre changed its name to the Pushkin Theatre. Appointed in 2010, Evgeny Pisarev is the current Artistic Director. Prior to his appointment he had worked regularly at the theatre as a Director from 1996 and as an actor in the company from 1993.