We believe that the arts are for everyone.
The Harris Theater strives to create a welcoming, inclusive, and accessible environment — presenting music and dance for everyone to enjoy and respond to in their own way. To help make your experience the best from arrival to the finale, we have an experienced and dynamic front of house staff ready to assist you. To ensure that your needs are thoroughly met prior to your arrival, or to speak with a member of our team, please call our Box Office at 312.334.7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARRIVING TO THE THEATER:
If parking in the Millennium Park Garage, accessible parking spaces are available on Level 2 or Level 3 North of the garage with direct access to the Millennium Park Garage elevators. If you park in the Millennium Park Garage, please take the parking garage elevators to the street level ( Level 7) of the garage, exit, and take a left on Randolph to enter through our Upper Randolph doors at 205 E. Randolph. The distance on Upper Randolph from the garage lobby exit to our lobby entrance is 125 feet. Patrons must have their performance ticket in-hand or on their phone to gain access to the lobbies at the Harris Theater. All box office services are available at our street level entrance on Upper Randolph, prior to having tickets scanned.
For those arriving on foot or using public transit to access the Harris, please note that there is an uphill incline when traveling eastbound on Upper Randolph to our street level entrance at 205 E. Randolph.
SERVICES FOR GUESTS WITH MOBILITY DISABILITIES OR LIMITED MOBILITY:
- Lobby Elevators provide access to all lobby and seating levels
- Accessible Elevator located on lobby Level 1 provides access to front section of orchestra level, for those seated towards the front who are unable to navigate stair steps.
- Wheelchair accessible seating as well as swing arm aisle seating is available on all levels of the theater. Seating is available for purchase online, on the phone, or via walk up. View and Download a complete seat map of the Harris Theater with stair step counts.
- Each seating level is equipped with an inclusive, accessible washroom stall. Larger banks of restrooms located on lobby Level 1 & Level 3
- Courtesy wheelchair available for check out on a first come/first serve basis through our Security Office on Level 1.
- Accessible seating areas feature both fixed auditorium seats as well as padded, removable chairs. Please include notes in your ticket order or contact us with any questions or preferences.
- Harris theater fixed auditorium seats range in width, depth, and height depending on section; please call 312.334.2486 or email email@example.com with specific questions on seat dimensions.
SERVICES FOR GUESTS WHO ARE BLIND OR LOW VISION:
- A limited number of large print programs will be available for all Harris Theater Presents and majority of Resident Company performances at the Coat Room on Level 1 on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to confirm or request a large print program for a rental or Resident Company performance, or for a large group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance, or call 312.334.2486.
- Service dogs are welcome at all events. Please inquire when buying tickets if you have a specific seating request.
- Audio Description will be scheduled for specific Harris Theater Presents 2021-22 Season engagements (specific dates TBA)
SERVICES FOR GUESTS WHO ARE DEAF OR HARD-OF-HEARING:
- Courtesy infrared assistive listening device headsets and T-coil enabled neck loops are available for check out through our Coat Room located on Level 1.
- American Sign Language Interpretation will be scheduled for specific Harris Theater Presents 2020-21 Season engagements (specific dates TBA)
OTHER RESOURCES AND HOW TO REQUEST SERVICES:
- The March 19, 2022 performance of Family Series: The Magic City will be a sensory-friendly performance, designed to offer a safe, welcoming, and judgement-free environment for audience members on the autism spectrum or with other sensory sensitivities. Pre-performance materials will be available to all patrons closer to the engagement date.
- Inclusive, accessible single restroom stalls are located on lobby Level 1, 2, & 3
- If a Mother’s Room is needed, please inquire onsite with the Harris Theater House Manager
- A booster seat is available for check out from the Level 1 Coat Room
- Disposable ear plugs are available at the Level 1 Coat Room
- For additional accessible services requests or questions beyond the scope of ticketing, please indicate this at the time of purchase or contact one of the alternate options below. We ask that requests be made two weeks prior to engagement date, and 72-hours in advance is required at a minimum:
Box Office Phone Number: 312-334-7777
Alternate Phone Number: 312-334-2486